Re: [LARTC] HTB burst, cburst parameters

> Not really.
>
> It kills all the traffic...giving me very low thruput....i read on the HTB
> homepage that on x86 machines burst has to be a minimum of 12K or
> something like that.
>
> Whats cburst ?
If you set cbust equal to packet size, the rate will be checked each time you
send cbust bytes and thus each time you send a packet.  This would be ideal
and you will never get a bust that exceed the ceil.  Default cburst = 2Kb/8.

But how do you get a burst?  That's why you have the burst parameter.  Each
time you can poll the hardware, you can change to a new class.  Devik
calculated the burst for a i386 on a 10mbit and it's 12kb.  So, you can send
12kb, choose an other class, send an other one, choose an other class.
That's the fastest way you can work.  The 12kb is sended as fast as possible
and creates a burst.  But with the cburst parameter you can control that
burst.  If you specify a bigger burst parameter, you can create bigger burst,
but unload the CPU/hardware.

I hope I'm explained it right.  Devik ?

Stef

--