Re: [LARTC] Re: further CBQ/tc documentation ds9a.nl/lartc/manpages

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 10:30:55PM +0100, bert hubert wrote:
> The ingress qdisc is a strange animal in that is not used to send packets
> out to the network adaptor. Instead, it allows you to apply tc filters to
> packets coming in over the interface, regardless of whether they have a
> local destination or are to be forwarded.

Opinions, opinions ... just the facts please.  My suggested paragraph:

The ingress qdisc allows the application of tc filters to the inbound
packets on an interface instead of the outgoing ones.  This filtering
is done to all incoming packets, whether destined for the local host or
to be forwarded.
--
Michael T. Babcock
CTO, FibreSpeed Ltd.     (Hosting, Security, Consultation, Database, etc)