[LARTC] Re: further CBQ/tc documentation ds9a.nl/lartc/manpages

On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, bert hubert wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 06:30:47PM -0500, jamal wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, bert hubert wrote:
> >

> > > I will, but I bet you 5 euros that I'm right :-) We are talking about the
> > > TBF, aren't we?
> > >

> > The trick is that TBF delays packets and the policer drops packet when
> > exceeding their profile.
>
> Well, we're both right to some extent. The policer drops packets which are
> larger than the configured MTU, but it also dimensions the second bucket to
> be of size mtu!

[..]

> It's a draw? :-)

Actually you get the 5 euro. My comments were in regards to the
_policer_ but they were made to comment on the _shaper_ in that specific
section of the document.
So i suppose when you explain the policer my comments would apply.
[The rest of the parameters apply fine]

cheers,
jamal