Re: [LARTC] Re: Ok, a simple one then..

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 05:24:06PM +0100, Paul Wisen wrote:

> Hi, and thanks a _lot_ for the answers.

No problem. These answers are found by google - a lot. Think of answering
these questions as being an audience for the internet.

> > # LEAF=none|tbf                                 optional, default "tbf"
(...)
> > You might want to specify that. But it might be that you are exceeding the
> > limits of cbq.init.
>
> But, if I set LEAF=none, the mother class will not do any Fair Quing.. And,
> that's what I want. Exept that protocols like ssh and such should always
> come through first.

Ok. That's often the most important part, precisely specifying what you
want.

> > What you basically need is to get your second class to have a filter that
> > comes *first*, before the filter directing all everything to cbq-0010!
>
> Agree, the question is how do I do that..

> > > class gets what packet, if therese multiple true rules.. ??
> >
> > You can also set cbq.init to write out what it will do.
>
> how ??

Edit the script and change this line:
### Uncomment for debugging
#LOG_FILE="/var/run/cbq-$1"

Then it should be easy to see what is happening, or to change it.

Also, look at HTB, it is very well suited for what you try to achieve.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services
Trilab                                 The Technology People