[LARTC] Re: Ok, a simple one then..

Hi, and thanks a _lot_ for the answers.
Got some question first i need to ask though, before I can try that out.

> > I want to have one "mother" class that gets all traffic in our network.
> > So I define cbq-0010.mother
> > with RULE=:,192.0.0.0/24
>
> You are using cbq.init.

ehrm.. did I forgot to tell you that ? :)

> # LEAF=none|tbf                                 optional, default "tbf"
> #
> #       Instructs the script to attach leaf queueing discipline
> to CBQ class.
> #       By default, TBF is used. This parameter is useful for
> parent classes
> #       where you probably want to specify LEAF=none. In future
> it might be
> #       possible to use SFQ or CBQ (or other) as leaf qdisc.
>
> You might want to specify that. But it might be that you are exceeding the
> limits of cbq.init.

But, if I set LEAF=none, the mother class will not do any Fair Quing.. And,
that's what I want. Exept that protocols like ssh and such should always
come through first.

> What you basically need is to get your second class to have a filter that
> comes *first*, before the filter directing all everything to cbq-0010!

Agree, the question is how do I do that..
I've been playing around with different names on the classes, different
classid's and so on, trying to figure out how I control what class will come
first. Now, Maybe the PRIO is the thing that sets that, but then, why didn't
it work then, ssh got prio 1 in my configuration..

> > Ofcourse the first rule says that it should but, what if
> there'se some other
> > class that also would have triggerd on the packet ? How do I
> control witch
> > class gets what packet, if therese multiple true rules.. ??
>
> You can also set cbq.init to write out what it will do.

how ??

> Then you can change
> the priority of filters, making sure that the more specific rules
> get tested first.

I will try that again then.

/ Paul