Re: [LARTC] Ok, a simple one then..

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 01:45:30PM +0100, Paul Wis?n wrote:

> I use CBQ with sfq and tbf.

Paul, I've seen your 'small ISP' posting but have not yet gotten round to
thinking it over.

> I want to have one "mother" class that gets all traffic in our network.
> So I define cbq-0010.mother
> with RULE=:,192.0.0.0/24

You are using cbq.init.

> and I want a subclass to get all the data from a specific ip.
> So I define a subclass
>
> cbq-0065.8011_in
> with
> PARENT:0010
> and RULE=192.0.0.10
>
> It doesnt matter how I do it. I've tested chainging the names, parent
> numbers and so on.
> The mother class always gets all the data.. Why ?

# LEAF=none|tbf                                 optional, default "tbf"
#
#       Instructs the script to attach leaf queueing discipline to CBQ class.
#       By default, TBF is used. This parameter is useful for parent classes
#       where you probably want to specify LEAF=none. In future it might be
#       possible to use SFQ or CBQ (or other) as leaf qdisc.

You might want to specify that. But it might be that you are exceeding the
limits of cbq.init.

What you basically need is to get your second class to have a filter that
comes *first*, before the filter directing all everything to cbq-0010!

> Ofcourse the first rule says that it should but, what if there'se some other
> class that also would have triggerd on the packet ? How do I control witch
> class gets what packet, if therese multiple true rules.. ??

You can also set cbq.init to write out what it will do. Then you can change
the priority of filters, making sure that the more specific rules get tested
first.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services
Trilab                                 The Technology People