Re: [LARTC] CBQ only works 'bounded'

> >I've been experimenting with HTB and it appears to be better in this
> >respect. Even without priorities it managed to keep latency in the
> >interactive class *very* low.
>
> but i read in your howto, that it will divide remaining bandwidth in a ratio
> based on the size of the classes. so this would mean it would devide it in
> a 108:20 ratio. if it does the low priority class gets the bigger part and
> i might have the same problem again. or do i underestimate HTB? :)

yes you do :) The remaining bw is firts offered to hi prio classes
and only if they don;t want it ot they hit their top rate it will
offer to lower prios. And they divide it by their rate ratios.

The thing is a bit more complicated in presence of more levels
(deeper tree) here offering dscribed above is repeated for each
level to assure that no lo prio can steal from hi prio and testing
only rates for that depth ..

devik