[LARTC] Simulating 256k Link Using CBQ or HTB

Hi All,

I've been asked to provide a QA setup in which one W2K server must only
communicate with the rest of the network at a speed of 256 or 512k (to simulate
and external link)

My idea is to place a Linux box with two NICs between the server in question
and the rest of the network and use it to control bandwidth.

With Kernel 2.2 it seems that rshaper would work but reading Linux 2.4 Advanced
Routing How-To is leading me to think that CBQ might be the answer.

Now I see that there HTB may be prefered to CBQ.

So in trying to work out the correct tree to bark up, any ideas whether the my
idea would work and which method HTB/CBQ would be the best?

Thanks,

Shaun