Re: [LARTC] multiple gateway problem

typo, right? ------------------^

> The packets seem to hit the correct ip on the webserver, but I can't tell
> what happens next.  I'm assuming that the packets are routed back through
> the system default gw (10.4.44.1), and therefore never received by the
> client.
>
> One thing that I've noticed is strange -- when I issue an 'ip route' command
> after setting up the two rules and routes, I get:
> 	10.4.44.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.4.44.11
> 	127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link
> 	default via 10.4.44.1 dev eth0

It might be conceptually clearer to set the rules to each IP to point to
different tables. For 10.4.44.0/24 have it lookup table whatever, where that
table has the default route back through the router those would come in on,
and for the other IP block do the same back to its router. This has worked
in my testing here for a very similar setup. It doesn't cover stuff that
originates on the server, but does seem to be working for stuff that comes
in on whatever interface. This should also be doable in a single table, but
the logic is harder to follow. (For stuff originating locally, I understand
the rules will see it as "dev lo" - haven't tested that out.)

Whit