Re: [LARTC] Virtual circuits

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 02:32:22PM +0100, bert hubert wrote:

> > How to sent _everything_ (e.g. arp) from client1 to client1_router?
> > I cant use any tunnel.
> > It's posible with linux ?
>
> Well, you can use a tunnel, it's just that you want a 'bridging tunnel',
> that appears by magic so to speak. Basically you are then a two-port
> repeater with a long bit in the middle.
>
> Now, is this possible? I think it is, I'm just not entire sure how.

This is possible, using vtund + bridging as found in the kernel - the only
question is whether you need to be able to filter or use QoS on that traffic
- since that isn't possible (well, my experience was that that's not
possible, maybe it is right now!)

I've had this setup working however, the arp and netbios broadcasts flooded
the connection over which I was tunneling - rendering it quite useless ;)

Regards,

Jasper
--
  Q_.           Jasper Spaans <jasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>