netfilter with multiple gateways (was Re: [LARTC] Getting AOL IMclient to work with IPTABLES and IPROUTE2 (port forwarding almost))

	Hello,

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Christoph Simon wrote:

> I'm forced to use 2.4 kernels for not networking, hardware dependant
> reasons. So it's a pitty that the 2.4 patch isn't finished yet as i'd
> loved to try it, but if you want, I would be gladly willing to help
> testing. What are the chances that this will be introduced to the main

	I just uploaded the first beta version for the netfilter
and routing changes. You need to apply:

00_static_routes-2.4.12-5.diff
01_alt_routes-2.4.12-5.diff
01_arp_prefsrc-2.4.12-5.diff
05_nf_reroute-2.4.14-5pre1.diff

When you are using multipath routes it is recommended the ARP state
for all gateways to be present (simple ICMP ping checks can refresh
the state, the same is achieved if you have out->in traffic from
these gateways, i.e. when remote clients connect to your servers
through these links).

You can try -j MASQUERADE, -j DNAT, ipchains or ipfwadm masquerade.

-j SNAT is not completed (you will have the same problems as without
these patches)

In dgd-usage.txt you can find the latest info about what is done.

> > http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/
> > Under the already incorrect title "Dead Gateway Detection"

> --
> Christoph Simon
> datageo@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards