RE: [LARTC] Everybody happy with the list + some new material

Hi Bert -

And thanks for asking, I appreciate it.  I'll offer some feedback. I have
a problem with routing that is driving me crazy.  I am not able to make a
Linux 2.4 kernel (Red Hat V7.1) route ICMP Echo REPLY packets back to the
original PINGer.  After studying the HOWTO and finding this list, I spent
a bunch of time writing up the problem, drew up a really bad ASCII art
picture and submitted the problem.  It turned out, the list wraps the text,
so that totally messed up the ASCII part picture I drew.

But then nobody even replied telling me my ASCII art was bad.  In fact,
nobody even replied at all, other than the automated replies from the list
system.

And that goes to a core issue for me - I really want to use these nifty
advanced routing capabilities with my customers, and I am willing to
experiment and learn, but I need to know there really is a community out
there to help with issues before I trust this stuff.

I know everyone who posts to this list is volunteering time and not getting
paid, and I really appreciate any help I can get on my issues.  And since I
asked for help, I also tried to help a couple other folks as best as I knew
how.  After all, fair is fair.  But if I can't get answers to my basic
questions here, I need to find answers somewhere else.

thanks

- Greg Scott