[LARTC] iptables+iproute2+squid

I think this is the right place to ask:

I'm using
- kernel 2.4.9
- iptables as firewall
- iproute2 with rule-based routing.
- squid

two internet-connection:

- 1 ADSL-based link with dynamic ip-adresses
- 1 static isdn-line with fixed ip-adresses

Everything is working but squid isn't. Any idea why? how is the
loopback-traffic handled with my two new tables? Squid uses to work as a
transparent-proxy with all the iptables-stuff. When I'm working with the
normal routing-tables and one internet-connection. Everything is ok.

I use two rules (first for user-browsing, second for mail-traffic):

ip rule add from 192.168.1.128/25 table www.out
ip rule add from 192.168.1.6 table mail.out

# default route is reset to p-t-p-adress of ppp, when ppp comes down again,
because of idle-state
ip route delete default

# this part is done dynamically when ppp comes up
ip route add default via x.x.x.x table www.out
ip route add 192.168.1.0 via y.y.y.y table www.out

# this part is setup with the firewall start
ip route add default via z.z.z.z table mail.out
ip route add 192.168.1.0 via y.y.y.y table mail.out

Thanks in advance

Martin Kellner