[LARTC] Monitoring traffic

 Hi.

 I'm going to setup policy routing and traffic shaping. Before that I
need to do some kind of study about our traffic to determine the best
way of distribute our bandwidth. For that reason I'd like some tool
that could retrieve this information:
- traffic based on app layer protocol (for instance, http, ftp, pop3;
or basing on different destination ports: 80, 21, 110).
- the measurements should be statistics, I mean, I could examine
traffic from 9h to 14h and that program should give traffic per hour,
etc.
- differentiate inbound / outbound traffic

 The idea is that I could determine for example if my outbound
bandwidth is abused for one or another protocol, etc...

 Which tool would you use? Thanks in advance.

    ** RoMaN SoFt / LLFB **
       roman@xxxxxxxxxx
   http://pagina.de/romansoft