Re: [LARTC] ipchains: Protocol unavailable

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Brian T.Johnson wrote:

> I get an ipchains: protocol unavailable whenever I try to use it. I used the
> ipchains RPM that came with the Mandrake 8.0 CD, so I assume it's not an
> install prob. Running the 2.4.3 kernel. Can anyone tell me howto fix this?

Yes. Use iptables.

> (Please don't say I have to recompile the kernel....Please don't say I have
> to recompile the kernel....Please don't say I have to recompile the
> kernel....)

You don't have to recompile the kernel. What are you running this on, a 386?

Doei, Arthur. (Who thinks nothing of recompiling a kernel... even on his
               486... just takes time.)

--
  /\    / |      arthurvl@xxxxxxxxxx      | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt