[LARTC] RTNETLINK Problems <ip route> don't work as expected. (I think)

Hi,

I have one firewall with 3 ethernet cards, 2 internet links, one cisco 2920 and one problem in RTNETLINK ;o)

Let me explain my network :

| *** Internet Link 1 *** *** Internet Link 2 ***
10.1.0.1| Serial Serial | 10.2.0.1
|||| +--------------+ +------------+ | |
|| +------------+
10.1.0.2| CISCO | 10.2.0.2
+------+-----+
192.168.1.1 / 192.168.2.1

eth2 192.168.1.2/ 192.168.2.1
+------------+
FIREWALL
+-+--------+-+
10.20.0.0 eth0| |eth1 10.30.0.0
| |
MY DMZ NET MY CORPORATE NET

I used reserved IPs for security reasons .. <sorry :o( >
What I'm trying to do:
I don't want to use my cisco default route, because I will do some filtering, based on source address, at my firewall to choose wich link to use, so I must add (at my firewall) a default route using my ISP 1 end <10.1.0.1> at one routing table, and other default route using my ISP 2 end <10.2.0.1> at another routing table, and do trafic control using iptables/iproute <as described in Advanced Routing how-to>.

the problem is ... RTNETLINK says Unreachable Network when I try to add a route, using a gateway wich isn't directly connected to my firewall :o( this is the line I'm trying to use :
<I know I'm not writing on a specific routing table to do traffic control>

ip route add default via 10.1.0.1|
RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable

So ..  I've tried
ip route add default via 10.1.0.1 nexthop via 192.168.1.1
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

Can anyone help me ? If someone need more info, ask me ... <please reply me at theoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx but I will check this list every day ;o) >

[]'s