Re: [LARTC] Source Mac based Routing

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Deepak singhal wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Has anybody out there implemented source mac based routing .. The Howto
> mentions the following line :
>
> Do routing based on user id (yes!), MAC address, source IP address, port,
> type of service, time of day or content

> But i could not find any mention of  mac based routing anywhere else .I am
> also interested in user id based routing ..How to implement these ..I read
> the man pages for ip rule ..but it accepts only an ip address in 'from'
> field. Can anybody help on this ?

Yes. The ip routing tables also allow rule-selection based on fwmarks. This
gives you all the power of netfilter for routing-rule-selection. So, given
something like
iptables -A INPUT -m mac --mac-source ab:cd:ef:01:23:45 -m mark --mark 45
ip rule add fwmark 45 table 45

Would let all packets coming from MAC ab:cd:ef:01:23:45 be routed according
to the rules in routing table 45.

Doei, Arthur.

--
  /\    / |      arthurvl@xxxxxxxxxx      | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt