Re: [LARTC] How to use tc to limit bandwidth of a special IP inLAN

"Jeffrey W. Baker" wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, streeterk wrote:
>
> > Nothing like trial and error, but cone on, let's not have have each person
> > individually reinvent the wheel.  Many man hours are wasted trying to figure
> > out how the most basic commands work by experimentation, when it would be so
> > easy to just make a clear explanation of them in the documentation.  Some
> > examples of the command line would be most helpful.
> >
> > While Linux, in general is not for the faint of heart, the doccumentation
> > for this particular set of tools is overly cryptic.
I'm publishing everything I'm doing with the tc command.  Scripts,
documentation, results, explanation, tools: you can find on my website
(see below for link).  I even contacted the HOWTO makers to help them
but they are to busy to answer me.  I'm still looking for any respons on
the website or for someone to help me.  I know people are visiting the
website,  but nobody is offering some help.

> Maybe I'm using a different iproute2 package than you, but my iproute2
> came with a massive 60 page manual: ip-cref.dvi.  It really is way more
> documentation than you get with most tools.
But there is no manpage for tc.  I still don't know all the options.
For instance "tc get" is not implemented