From: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Wingtung.Leung
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 6:13 PM
To: Linux Advanced Router & Traffic Control
Subject: Re: [LARTC] How to limit bandwidth for a single user

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Joachim Wickman wrote:

> Is it possible to limit bandwidth for a couple of users on the Linux box?
> And if so, is there any docs describing how or can someone help me?

If you mean that you want to limit bandwidth for different users at a
single system: only the outgoing stream can be shaped, with the owner
match extension. I don't think incoming traffic can be shaped per user.

If the different users have different machines and IP addresses, it can be
done easily. Just read the HOWTO.

--
GnuPG public key: http://www.keyserver.net
fingerprint = A3C4 DE50 712D 4FA8 C564  4D96 5E06 C9CC ECFA 19C5