Re: Re: [LARTC] How to use tc to limit bandwidth of a special IP inLAN

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Chuanbo Xu wrote:

> I have seen this document, but I don't understand means of options.
> Usage: tc qdisc [ add | del | replace | change | get ] dev STRING
>        [ handle QHANDLE ] [ root | ingress | parent CLASSID ]
>        [ estimator INTERVAL TIME_CONSTANT ]
>        [ [ QDISC_KIND ] [ help | OPTIONS ] ]
>
> What are root,ingress and parent?
> What is CLASSID?
> What is handle?

You don't have to understand all details to setup a working bandwidth
limiting Linux router, try the example setups and experiment. That's the
only way to lear to use it.

CLASSID and handle are just identifiers to point the the right classes.
Just think about them like names. Root is the root of the class tree.

RTFM means "Read The Fucking Manual". You can find it back at:
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~marshall/abbrev.html#R

There is even a Chinese version of the manual:
http://www.e-infomax.com/ipmasq/ipmasq-howto.html

--
GnuPG public key: http://win-www.uia.ac.be/u/s965817/pub.key
fingerprint = A3C4 DE50 712D 4FA8 C564  4D96 5E06 C9CC ECFA 19C5