From: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Juri Haberland
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 10:21 AM
To: Jasper Spaans
Cc: streeterk; LARTC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LARTC] ip_alias??
Guys, excuse my ignorance, but can you point me to the original source
of that information? It's the very first time I heard of this and
actually I am still able to use something like 'ifconfig eth0:0 x.x.x.x
up'. And AFAIK it was never possible to use alias interfaces in
firewalling.

Maybe I missed some important information for years? (not impossible IMO
;-)

Juri