Re: [LARTC] can't generate a new rule

At 20:35 07/06/2001 +0800, javaman wrote:
hi,

I run ip rule list on Mandrake 8.0, and get

#ip rule list
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
Dump terminated

I can't generate a new rule like the statement in Linux 2.4 Advanced Routing HOWTO.
What wrong?

Thanks for your suggestion.

I would suggest you grab the updated source code for iprotue2, (link is in the faq)
you will probably need to alter the code slightly if your kernel version is later than 2.4.3
(it will almost certainly complain about a loop variable iirc, this can be commented out of the code as its now redunant in the newer kernels.)

also make sure that CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER is also set when compiling.

google gives most of the same answer btw.

Colin