Re: [LARTC] Priority for slower connections

> Hi!
>
>   We are using linux as our comany internet gateway (snat, kernel
> 2.4.5) and we would like to prioritize slower connections, i.e. the
> higher amount of data per time the connection receives (or
> transmits) the lower priority it should have. We would simply like to
> put all downloads and big webs to lowest priority, and telnet, ssh,
> small webs and so to highest priority, but dynamically, depending
                                                                    ^^^^^^^^
If you mean share the bandwidth....tc can do that.
If you want to set rule dynamically....maybe you will DIY. : )

> on connection data usage, not on destination port or anything
> staticaly defined. Is it possible? And if, how? I could not find
> anything like that in any document.

Maybe iproute2 can solve your total problem.
You can find the doc in redhat(adv-Routing.HOWTO) or iproute2's directory.
(If you use iproute.x.rpm you will see many test script in ./example
directory)