[LARTC] Priority for slower connections

Hi!

  We are using linux as our comany internet gateway (snat, kernel
2.4.5) and we would like to prioritize slower connections, i.e. the
higher amount of data per time the connection receives (or
transmits) the lower priority it should have. We would simply like to
put all downloads and big webs to lowest priority, and telnet, ssh,
small webs and so to highest priority, but dynamically, depending
on connection data usage, not on destination port or anything
staticaly defined. Is it possible? And if, how? I could not find
anything like that in any document.

Thanks, Pete.