Re: [LARTC] Why 'ping' only succeed in one direction?

> It might be that the linux router sends you ICMP redirects as the
> forwarding interface is the same as the incoming interface but
> it also should've happened when you "ping 192.168.1.8 "on Sun-1.

I had problems with a linux router doing NAT on the same interface,
it was doing redirects, and though packets were "seen" on the wire with
tcpdump, there were conflicts between private and public IPs and the
packets were lost.

Don't know if this is the case here, but just in case you could set all
the "send_redirects" in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf to 0.

Cheers,

Rodrigo