[LARTC] RE: Priority to UDP?

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 00:58:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Doug Rosser <da_rosser@xxxxxxxxx>
To: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LARTC] Priority to UDP?

->I simply want to give UDP packets a higher priority
->over all other traffic.
->Is there a simple way to do this? Most of the examples
->I've seen perform prioritization based upon address
->(customer A gets a higher priority than customer B)...

I think the filter u32 in tc can do it.  You can filter the packet by its
protocol (UDP or TCP):
e.g. : match ip protocol 0x6 0xff flowid 1:3
 and also give this filter and class 1:3 with higher priority.
This should be original design of tc.

However, according to my testing experience, it seems to have bugs in filter
prio.

Daniel Lee

http://auctions.yahoo.com/