Re: [LARTC] how tc deal with non-classified packets

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Daniel Lee wrote:

> Does any one know how tc deal with non-classified packets?
> For example, I set up 10 classes with "bounded" and "isolated" rules to
> occupy the whole BW on my LAN and these classes are filtered by their ip dst
> add with u32.  And then one long train of pkts which not belong to these 10
> classes enter tc router.  Then, what will happen?  tc will just drop it or
> consume others BW to send it.
>
> In my measurement, tc will occupy BW of the classified classes and send this
> "intruder".  The experiment data does not seem to be reasonable!
>
> Any related information or experiment data is highly appreciated.

I *assume* the unclassified packet will be dropped into one of those
isolated queues, *if* it has bandwidth left of course.

Wether it would be apropiate or not: I think it is, because an isolated
class disallows packets from *other* classes, not *unclassified* packets.

Just my idea.