Re: [LARTC] Load Balancing with 2 uplinks

On Mon, 21 May 2001 11:35:32 +0200 (MET DST)
Arthur van Leeuwen <arthurvl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 May 2001, Christoph Simon wrote:
>
> > I have been looking for a solution to this problem for quite a while,
> > but most methods seem to be designed to address the inverse situation,
> > where one server can be reached by more than one links. Is there a way
> > to do this with the Linux 2.4?
>
> Yes there is. Look at the posts I did in october and november of last year
> (sorry, don't have the URL's into the mailinglist archive handy). The
> problem will be automatic monitoring of whether or not your uplinks are
> indeed still up.

I did do this right now, but couldn't find a solution. That which came
closest, seems to have problems when one link is down (is this still
true with kernel 2.4.4?), which unfortunately is my case most of the
time. OTOH, I'm receiving lots of emails of other persons looking for
this solution. Would it be possible that some of those who worked on
that in october/november share their experiences in form of a
mini-howto? If not, I guess, a description of the basic strategy would
be very helpfull, as most of us don't even know where to start trying.

--
Christoph Simon
datageo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
---