Re: [LARTC] tc and masquerading probs

On Fri, 18 May 2001 m.dages@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Ok, now I've read the Linux 2.4 Advance Routing Howto and some other
> documents that I could found about tc. All the examples describes an
> environment with a linux box that has 2 ethernet cards, but our router only
> have 1. This ony ethernet adapter (eth0) is bounded to the ppp0 device and
> handles the LAN traffic.
> Here's a short sheme:
>
> INTERNET  <----->   [ ppp0/Dynamic IP --- Linux router ---
> eth0/192.168.100.250]  <------> Office Lan 192.168.100.0/24

It doesn't matter wether it's a eth or ppp device, just look at it as a
network interface and everything works fine.

The solution I propose (haven't tested it though):

Don't use firewall marks, but use the u32 filter instead.

Look at the source and target IP and redirect the pakket to the correct
class.

(source != router && dest = low_prio_host)  ->  slow_class
(source != router && dest = hi_prio_host)  ->  no_limit
(source == router)  ->  no_limit

This is only an idea for the downstream, I haven't been thinking about
limitimg the upstream.

BTW, it was a nice question. :-)