[LARTC] moving to iproute2

Hi

I have a small network that is used to host a few Linux related
websites. This weekend we are bringing a new server on-line, and I was
looking to use iproute2 instead of ifconfig, route etc. I was hoping to
find out if there were better ways to configure the network with iproute2.

We have the following setup:

ISP #1 === Cisco Router #1 == Linux Router #1 ----< NAT >--- Server #3-5

		|============ Server #1 -------< NAT >----
		|					 |
		|============ Server #2	-------< NAT >---|
		|					 |
		|=================			 |
				 |=== Linux Router #2 ---|
ISP #2 === Cisco Router #2 =======

ISP #1 provides us with a 2MB connection and a 14 host subnet. The cisco
router on this connection has 4 ports. Which are connected to two Linux
routers and directly to two of our primary servers. Each of the servers
have two interfaces, one private and one public. The public interfaces
have ip aliased interfaces (eg. eth0:1 and eth0:2).

ISP #2 provides us with a 1.5MB connection and a 6 host subnet + router
ip. The cisco router on this connection only has a single port and is
connected to Linux Router #2.

Linux Router #2 has several interfaces, for this setup, we're just
interested in eth0, eth1 and eth2 (ISP #1, ISP #2 and private). The
private interfaces on each of the servers are connected into a layer 2
switch which is connected to Linux router #2. Linux Router #2 NAT's all 6
ips in that subnet to various servers (i simplified it above to just
server 1 and server 2).

There are three ip subnets in use :

- isp #1
- isp #2
- private (used for nat)

I've been using:

ip link set (parameters)
ip addr add (parameters)
ip route add (parameters)

but i've seen some mentions of being able to use ip rule to define tables
for each interface.. can someone perhaps elaborate some more on that or
point me to some examples?

Thanks