[LARTC] Route 2 Internet connections on a local LAN

I know it is poor form to ask a question after just joining a mailing list, but I searched around for an archive and couldn't find out. I pray you'll forgive my brashness.

What I am trying to do is have 2 internet interfaces properly routing on the same box using the 2.4 kernel. I have a cable modem and a DSL modem (eth2) running into a single server which provides a few services to the outside world, including HTTP. This server also is forwarding the cable modem NIC (eth1) to the internal LAN (eth0) using SNAT. If I switch the default route and enable iptables to forward the DSL modem to LAN, then that works fine as well. So all 3 interfaces are effectively working, but only 2 of the Internet interfaces at a time. I've tried making both Net interfaces the default route, but it only routes the interface that was last made default.

I want to make it so that someone can access the machine from either Internet IP (both static) so I can use the DSL interface (eth2) as a server or route certain ports coming in on eth2 it specifically to another server behind the routing machine. I would like this without interrupting the current cable modem SNAT connection.

I have discussed this notion with a lot of people, and it seems that no one really knows how to do this. It seems like it really shouldn't be that hard to put services out over specific interfaces. So I ask here. If anyone can give me any sort of guidance, direction, even a smile, I would be IMMENSELY grateful.

Thank you,

Joel Kleppinger