[LARTC] Prioritzing SYNs and SYN-ACKs with Diffserv

Hi,

I'm interested in prioritizing all packets with the SYN bit on, both with
and without the ACK bit on (but specially the SYN ACKS).

I am checking is the use of Diffserv. From a paper I read I understood that
when Diffserv is on, all "Control Traffic", including TCP SYN-ACKs, gets by
default into "band  0" of Diffserv, the highest priority out of 16 bands. If
true, this can suit my needs.
The paper name is "Implementation of SRPT Scheduling in Web Servers", and
they used kernel version 2.2.14 with a Diffserv patch. I am using kernel
version 2.4.3, which I built with all "QoS and Fair Queueing" options on.

My question is, what should I do now to make the prioritizing behaviour
described above work ? any tc command ?
Any comments are welcome.

Best Regards,
Oded