[LARTC] limit bandwidth per user

hi to all.. i having a BIG problem... i am the administrator of a "ISP"...
the thing is that (besides the problem of behing a sysadm) i need to limit
the bandwidth per user... i mean, every IP needs a diferent bandwith.. can i
do that? how? i know is a very looong answear, but you can save my day! (and
my job) if you could give me a hand with this.. PLEASE, im looking for this
a long time now and no one can help me out.. PLEASE.. .thank you in
advance...

PD: im using SuSe 7.0 and all the pcs are conectes in a LAN... but i can
switch to any distro if i had to...

Peperino Pomuro (sí, con U)
peperinopomuro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
peperinopomuro@xxxxxxxxxxx

Q: Will I be reincarnated?
A: Not unless there is a special need to recreate you... and searching
backup files is a major hassle, so if there is a request for you, God will
just say that the tape has been lost.