Re: [LARTC] Need guide for B/W control based on MAV address

Hi,

> I have four thick ethernet segments centrally connected to
> Intel switch. All customers are using DHCP for IP confoguration
> so IP to MAC address mapping is dynamic. Some of the clients
> are using proxy at thier end so they are eating big pie of our Internet
> Bandwidth. I want to restrict those clients to specific limit by using
> their MAC address.

I think you can do this in 2.4 kernels by marking packets with iptabels based on the MAC address and then do traffic control with tc based on the mark.

But unless you are really angry at these clients and don't want them to use free bandwidth you might  want to use WRR instead. It can do scheduling based on MAC addresses - but only for packets which are bridged on your Linux box and only on 2.2 kernels.

Christian