Re: [LARTC] Ideas...

1-Control HTTP by a proxy, with URL and mime filtering
2-Use CBQ with u32 filter to control each workstation.
Also, you can use CSZ to minimize delay for
interactive protocol like IRC or telnet session.
3-Use proxy for SMTP, POP3, to control how many times
theses protocol are used. (Ex: send all outgoing email
at each 20 minutes)

--- Errol Neal <eneal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My company runs several Internet Cafes in Mexico,
> where bandwith is
> limited and very costly. We use Linux to do NAT and
> firewall stuff and at
> each location we
> have about 30-40 stations. I'd like to know if
> anyone out there has any
> suggestions about how to use CBQ to limit the
> bandwith at each station.
> We only have a 128k circuit. The problem I am having
> is that since I have
> that tiny pipe, one or two people unknowingly hog
> all the bandwith with
> applications like napster and my other customers who
> are just viewing web
> pages get pissed. Again, I want to rate limit each
> individual station. Do
> I have to have an ingress rule for EACH ip address?
> Any ideas would be
> very helpful..
>
> Thanks sincerely!
>

> Errol