Re: [LARTC] Balancing ip traffic over two or more internet (adsl)connections

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, RoMaN SoFt / LLFB !! wrote:

>  Arthur van Leeuwen <arthurvl@xxxxxxxxxx> kindly suggested a trick
> with static routes involved, to solve this last problem. But I want to
> set up a transparent proxy on the gateway machine. Therefore almost
> all traffic will (virtually) originate on the gateway machine (where
> the proxy will be located) and I need this traffic to be balanced too
> (as the other local traffic does).

It actually will be balanced, if you use squid. The setup is *exactly* the
way our customer's setup is made. The beauty of those static routes is that
the ftp client will bind on a specific source address to connect the data
connection. That source address is the source address of the control
connection.

Doei, Arthur. (And yes, you want to do input firewalling... for more reasons
               than just the one mentioned. :))

--
  /\    / |      arthurvl@xxxxxxxxxx      | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt