Re: [LARTC] tables and mapping marked packets to realms

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Gregory OSINAIKE wrote:

> Looking at the HOWTO for iproute2 isee examples where they create a rule
> and make a look up table (the John example). I have installed iproute2
> but don't seem to have a:
>
> /etc/rt_tables/ path.
>
> Why?

Because you didn't make the directory and didn't put the example files
there. That's all there is to making one.

> I want to map marked packets(using iptables) to realms and all packets
> within a realm to have the same route regardless of destination.
>
> What if two marked packets have the same destination ?

You can select policy rules based solely on marks, thereby disregarding
destination until a certain routing policy has been chosen. Two differently
marked packets with the same destination can still be routed differently.

Doei, Arthur.

--
  /\    / |      arthurvl@xxxxxxxxxx      | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt