Re: [LARTC] QoS features?

> Hi,
>
> > As a newbie to QoS, I have several questions which I hope somebody can answer.
> > -what is the system requerment to shape a 100Mbit fullduplex network.
>
> That depends on how you want to shape it, I guess.

well I want to shape traffic and offer QoS for citrix clients. (printer traffic may burst to a certain limit if bandwith is available)
It is quite simpel at the beginning but it can become more complex in future..
It should also create atomated reports

> > -Is there a already a tool to report the shaped traffic (like there is ipacsum for ipchains)
>
> The tc program can display counters .

Great.. a little bit more programming and maybe for example mrtg could be used..

> > -is it possible to build a transparant shaper (eg. a bridge from eth0 to eth1 (no ip's) and a console eth2 (with
> > ipaddress))
>
> Shaping will work on bridges, yes.

Is there already some documentation about this?

thanx in advance

Patrick