Re: [LARTC] IP range

billy wrote:

> Hi, I think I have been misunderstud when I asked the question before. Lets
> see in an example:
>
> I have a total bandwith ok 512K
>
> I have 64K I whant to share with 20 IP, from 192.168.101.1 to 192.168.101.21.
>
> and
>
> I have another 64K I whant to share with 10 IP from 192.168.101.30 to
> 192.168.101.40.
>
> this is what I ment with IP range, can this be done?

I don't have the commands for you, as I am new at this myself,
but I think conceptually you need to create a parent class
of 64K, and then create IP binding for each child in the group
having that parent and allowing the children to borrow.   I don't
think tc supports IP ranges, just IP masks, so this might be the
best you can do.

Note that I like the cbq.init script myself, but I don't know
if it provides configuration support for something as advanced
as this.

It might be useful, to record the feat for future generations,
if you post your config solution to the list when you have done it.

--Josh