Re: [LARTC] cbq gives me an error RTNETLINK ...

billy wrote:

> On Saturday 03 February 2001 14:31, you wrote:
> > billy wrote:
> > > when I execute cbq I get this
> > >
> > > # cbq start
> > > RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
> > > RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
> > > RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
> > > RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
> > > RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
> > >
> > > I don't understand what to do. I have check the kernel .config file like
> > > 100 times and still does the same thing.
> > > What can it be? I'm doing something wrong, but what?

you have files:
/etc/sysconfig/cbq/cbq-1280.child-1
/etc/sysconfig/cbq/cbq-2560.child-2
/etc/sysconfig/cbq/cbq-5120.parent

when you do an ls, you'll see the files above in the order in which they
are shown.  And this is the order in which cbq.init will read them.
Problem is, they need to be read from the bottom up so that the parent
class is implemented first, then each child of that parent.  So you need
to change the file cbq-5120.parent to something like: cbq-0512.parent.
Now, when you do an ls, the order will be correct.

You must modify the names of your files so that they load in the correct
order -- parent before child (before subchild if you have a child as a
parent class as well).

Pls mail me off-list if you're still confused.  I am fluent in Spanish
if that would help.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
		-- Nemesis Racing Team motto