[LARTC] Advanced routing question.

Before I start with the nightmare setup I'd like to say I've read all the
docs I could get my hands on along with looking at commercial products
(Cisco router, checkpoint firewall, and Vicomsoft Internet Gateway) trying
to get this to work with very limited success.

My setup:

Ethernet Internet Connection 207.152.31.185/24 gw 207.152.31.1 (T1
connection)
DSL Ethernet Connection 216.254.12.42/24 gw 216.254.12.42 (256k SDSL)
LAN Ethernet Connection 192.168.181.254/24 (NAT'd)

Behind the "firewall" machine sits a number of boxes:

192.168.181.252	-	Internal DNS and squid proxy server.
192.168.181.251	-	External DNS server and external webserver
192.168.181.250	-	Internet DNS and external webserver

192.168.181.1-10	-	DHCP windows clients

Now I have some basic port transaltion going on to get the webservers
alias'd to the internet connections and such but nothing overly fancy. Keep
inmind that I can _not_ use any routing protocals via either of these
connections.  Here is what I need to do:

1> 	Setup traffic shaping to allow the windows clients behind the NAT to
browse the internet using both internet connections.  An important part of
this is that incoming traffic _must_ be answered through the NAT via the
same ip address that it came in on.  (NOTE: This is the major problem with
Vicomsoft Internet Gateway software as it will just pick either of the 2
internet connections to reply on, and therefore a number of things - most
importantly games that use UDP packets - stop working correctly or have a
huge amount of packet loss due to packets being answered with a different
source ip than the host connected on).

2>	Setup a fail over method so that if either internet connection were
to fail it would start routing all outbound traffic over that link.

3>	Allow simple port translation so that I can alias 207.152.31.185
port 22 to 192.168.181.251 port 22.

So the question is can Linux using Advanced routing be used to solve these
problems?  If so could you please point me to an example setup?  If not do
you know of _any_ possible solution to get this setup working?  Again, I'm
sorry if I've missed this reading the HOWTO please point me in the right
direction.

JayC Daniel
Senior Security Engineer
Security Integration