Re: [LARTC] moving to 2.4 routing stuff from 2.2 masq'ing stuff...

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 07:11:33PM -0500, Alex Avriette wrote:

> binaries, and everything checks out... but I feel completely clueless
> because the howto doesnt explain the steps necessary to get from adding
> the item to /etc/iproute2/rt_table to actually being able to ping from
> 192.168.0.2 to any outside address. im not sure where to go.

You need the "masq'ing stuff", which can be enabled using netfilter. See
also Rusty's Remarkably Unreliable Guides, which are mentioned in the HOWTO.
One of these guides contains a setup that does everything you need in terms
of masquerading.

> "No man who uses EMACS is deserving of love."
> 	Tom Christiansen <tchrist@xxxxxxxx>,
> 	_Perl Cookbook_, pp. 653

I use EMACS a lot :-)

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People