Re: [LARTC] Bridging and traffic shaping

I use this one with a 2.2.16 : ftp://openrock.net/bridge/ . but i don't use qos.

in the mailing list, someone seem have problem with qos (but with 2.4)
http://openrock.net/pipermail/bridge/2000-November/000574.html

seb

Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:

Hi, I have a set of machines [Linux/BSD/Solaris] for which I want to
traffic shape their output. I don't want to change any network
configuration so I am considering placing a box in bridging mode in
front of them. Can traffic shaping work in this configuration

In Linux 2.2.17, the Bridging config option tells you to download the
bridge configuration tools from http://lrp.plain.co.nz/tarballs/bridgex-0.30.tar.gz which returns a
404.

According to the Bridge mini-HOWTO, the configuration tools are
available on ftp://shadow.cabi.net/pub/Linux/BRCFG.tgz whose hostname
is not found.

Is this the right approach or do I need to think of another solution ?

Regards, Yusuf