Re: [LARTC] Backup Route

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 02:49:33PM -0800, Andrew wrote:

> >     I wan't to do a backup connection with the ADSL link.
> >     With what tools I can do this?
> >     ipchains, iptables, a third party tool?
> >
> I'm in the middle of doing something very similar. I don't know how often they
> update the archives on this list but the subject on the thread for what I'm
> working on

Linux has a thing called 'dead gateway detection', which might work for you.
Just make two routes with a different metric, should work I think.

Existing sessions will die however because their source IP address is
unroutable.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People