Re: [LARTC] Backup Route

"Michel A. S. Pereira - KIDMumU[InLove]" wrote:

> Hi there.
>
>     I've two Internet connections at the same box, one connection is
> made through ADSL, and another is made with a Radio-Link (WaveLAN
> IE822).
>     I wan't to do a backup connection with the ADSL link.
>     With what tools I can do this?
>     ipchains, iptables, a third party tool?

I'm in the middle of doing something very similar. I don't know how often they
update the archives on this list but the subject on the thread for what I'm
working on
is [a complicated routing scenario (for me at least)]

Basically you'll have to compile the advanced routing options into the kernel
allong with ipchains, then install the iproute2 tools. Then you'll have to
configure your box properly using the advanced routing tools and ipchains for
the redundant routes. It's way too complicated to explain it all in one email,
so your best bet is  to look in the archives on this list.

Probably your single best source of information in the way of docs is the
command reference doc for the "ip" command (comes in the iproute2 package). If
you read and understand this doc, you'll be well on your way to doing what you
want to do. You can also read the ipchains howto, the advanced routing howto,
and the ip-masquerading howto.

When I get it all done, I'm thinking of writing a howto on the subject, we'll
see...

-Andrew