[LARTC] Two kinds of bandwidth ...

Last week someone in my localnetwork "abused" from our link, making
everything slow... So I want to put the current Linux router as a traffic
shaper. The setup is:
                                                    +--- 128Kbit
                                                    |    "International"
Local net --- [Linux router with    ] -- ISP -- [magic routers]
              [transparent www proxy]               |
                                                    +--- 10MBit
                                                         "National"

It happens that 99.99% of the traffic is download of www, so the squid
proxy serves it automagically.

The problem is that the ISP link is a "dual" contract. 10MBit for
"National" traffic (By law in my country, all ISPs must be inter-connected
so the national traffic is not so bad). But there is only 128KBit for
"International" traffic, and that is managed by the "magic routers" out of
my access and control.

So I want to distribute the poor "International" traffic fairly in my
local network without slowing down the "National" traffic and having no
idea of which packet goes through national or International, a priori
(maybe I can ask my ISP); and everything pass between the squid proxy.

Any ideas? (Besides education). Is just impossible?
If I get the "magic routers" tables, can I do something useful ?

Aldrin.
"So many links, so little time!"