Re: [LARTC] ingress still not working :-(

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 03:25:51PM +0200, Clemens Sibon wrote:

> When I read the help in the kernel-menu, I saw something under Kernel/User
> netlink socket (CONFIG_NETLINK) about a device that should be made having
> major mode 36. Could this be the thing missing that generates the above
> error?

No, that's not it.

> I have been looking for a /dev/ingress but that doesn't exist..

And it shouldn't - these filters have no corresponding entries in /dev.

> Do I have to upgrade to a 2.4.X kernel to get ingress policer to work
> without the errors? If that's the case, I am willing to give it a try
> (and probably I should convert my ipchains to iptables?)

It doesn't work in 2.4 either. I'll post some mail about this problem here
shortly.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People