Re: [LARTC] ingress still not working :-(

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, bert hubert wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 11:37:02PM +0200, Clemens Sibon wrote:
>
> > The error I get is:
> > RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory
>
> This is a known issue. I try to find the people who wrote the ingress
> policer. I'll also put a note in the HOWTO.

When I read the help in the kernel-menu, I saw something under Kernel/User
netlink socket (CONFIG_NETLINK) about a device that should be made having
major mode 36. Could this be the thing missing that generates the above
error?

I have no idea how to find out if I have the device or how to make it,
since the name isn't mentioned anywhere.

I have been looking for a /dev/ingress but that doesn't exist..

Do I have to upgrade to a 2.4.X kernel to get ingress policer to work
without the errors? If that's the case, I am willing to give it a try
(and probably I should convert my ipchains to iptables?)

Clemens Sibon