[LARTC] Shaping incoming traffic to limit traffic-bills?

Hi there,

I was just thinking.. When I limit my incoming bandwidth to keep the bills
low (no flat-rate) but the only thing the system does is drop packets, then
I do have to pay for this traffic since it gets dropped on my side. It does
however reduce the amount of outgoing traffic, but are there ways to let
'the other side' know that I can't handle their traffic instead of just
dropping it? I know Cisco (and others?) have some things like RED and
others..

Greetings again,

Clemens Sibon
--
Pettemerstraat 12A                                  T r I p l e
1823 CW Alkmaar                                         T