[LARTC] [sibon@xxxxxxxxxxxx: What kernel and what options?]

----- Forwarded message from Clemens Sibon <sibon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> -----

From: "Clemens Sibon" <sibon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Lartc-Admin (E-mail)" <lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: What kernel and what options?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:32:16 +0200

Hi all,

I am trying to get bandwidth-shaping but I get errors when I issue the "tc
qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 10: cbq bandwidth 10Mbit avpkt 1000" command
(RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument  error).

I have enabled all QOS-options in the kernel (as modules) and see a lot of
"undefined symbols" at boot-time. Should I get the QOS-stuff hard-coded in
the kernel? Do I have to patch the kernel-sources (R.H. 2.2.16-3 RPM)?

I also installed the iproute-2.2.4-RPM, but I didn't install the iputils
(because tc and ip seem to work)

Meanwhile, I am even willing to get shaping going on other platforms. I just
installed FreeBSD 4.1 but that requires quite a lot of time too :-(((

Thanks in advance for reading so far :-)

Clemens Sibon

----- End forwarded message -----

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People